With the holidays just around the corner, we are all preparing to increase the size of our pants and/or dresses. However, this year does not have to be like every other year. There are many things we can do in order to avoid gaining that extra holiday weight. In this article I will provide several tips which will help us keep those unwanted holiday pounds off for good.
1. Don’t tell yourself that it’s ok to overeat because it’s the holidays. Giving yourself permission opens the door to irresponsibility. Treat the holiday dinner just like any other dinner. Stick to your portion sizes!
2. It’s wise to eat something healthy at home before you go visit your relatives. When you go on a full stomach you are less likely to splurge once you reach the holiday table.
3. Don’t stand near the food. This may seem like a ridiculous statement; however, standing by the food increases your urge to munch.
4. Start out with low calorie items first. If you start out with the vegetables medley then you will be a little less hungry once you get to something that is a little bit richer in calories.
5. Wear something snug to remind you throughout the night just how hard you worked all year long on attaining your physique.
6. If you are the one throwing the holiday bash, be sure that you give away all of the leftover. During the holidays we all tend to have about a week’s worth of leftovers. Who’s going to eat them? You are! So make sure to give a little bit to everyone who is leaving.
To avoid weight gain you can also try appetite suppressing Hoodoba hoodia
, NutriMelt whey protein shakes and various other effective herbal remedies.